Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail (LHHT)

 


I had chosen early in the week to hike a part of the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail (LHHT).

After much research and watching other YouTube videos I had chosen these two sections. The shorter section was to see the ledges I could see on the aerials I was looking at. This section was 5.2 miles long

Then I decided to go to the Highlands Market and ask permission to park in there parking lot for the day and continue the hike. This section of the hike was 10.2 miles long.


Truth to be told I had to turn around and go back to the Soob because I left my wallet out in the car lol. Then I thought I couldn’t re-hike that so decided to go elsewhere on the LHHT.


The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources have deemed this stream closed for taking drinking water from it. They have found heavy metals in it.

Here is an article about it Blue Hole Creek

They also say the water hand pump Grindle Ridge should not be used.


In these two sections of the trail as you can see with the attached profiles, they are very manageable regarding elevation change.


The vista at N40° 01.413' W79° 18.666' is at an elevation of nearly 3000’.  They have harvested trees selectively to open the scenic view there.

A few words of caution for these trail sections. When it rains this area would be a nightmare. With all the exposed clay on the slopes of the inclines would be extremely tough and the footbeds of the trails would become creeks.

The food at the Market was a nice treat.


All in all, these two sections are very enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sonder Blogger - YouTube Channel