Nestled in Washington & Monroe County, Ohio sits Wayne National Forest (WNF).
The one trail I would select for Saturday’s
hike would be the Archers Fork Trail.
The trail would have a good amount of elevation deviation throughout its length.
The parking lot is small at the trailhead, but there is another trailhead in the area you could park if this lot is full. One of the trailheads is called Jackson Run Trail located here N39° 30.839' W81° 09.092'.
A lot of this route is in the creek gorges and small
valleys. I would be extremely careful during any rain events in this area. This
area is prone to flash floods and extreme care needs to be taken.
WNF is working hard to remove the trees off the trail, and
they have done an amazing job.
I saw several hikes in primitive camping sites, some on the
tops of the hills and a few in the creek bottoms. They all had some type of fire-rings
and some large enough for multiple tents.
This area is packed full of deer so be vigilant when
driving. When you are driving through these small boroughs and villages don’t speed,
these communities are small.
I hope you enjoy the content.
No comments:
Post a Comment