Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Minister Creek Trail & Part of North Country Trail in Pennsylvania

 





A Person can find peace and quiet in our national forests and that’s why I chose the Allegheny National Forest on Saturday.

I knew though when it came to the Minister Creek loop area I would run into people, but for 8 miles of the 16 I would hike it would be void of people most likely.

In this section of the trail system of the Allegheny National Forest, I saw so much greenery and very little was made up of stinging nettles. I saw so many fungi and ferns it was incredible.

The rock formations that are on the Minister Creek Loop are something to see also. I think some of them were 60 feet tall in places.

There are a lot of free primitive camping spots on this section of trail system also. I started at 0600 at the trail head. The dark inky trees was a welcome feeling of immersion in nature. Even the squirrels were still asleep. I was shocked to see all the random rock formations.

So many signs of glacial erosion through all the scars on these massive rocks! This area of the High Plateau of the Physio Province of the state of Pennsylvania is something to be seen (reference link)

I hope you enjoy the videos














No comments:

Post a Comment

Sonder Blogger - YouTube Channel